BOARDING YOUR EXOTIC PET AT THE NEW ENGLAND WILDLIFE CENTER
The New England Wildlife Center is proud to be able to offer boarding for your exotic pets. Our veterinary practice and boarding services are limited to:
- Small companion exotic animals
Are you going on a trip and don’t have anywhere to leave your exotic pet? We are pleased to be able to offer boarding services at low, competitive rates. Leave your pets in the hands of expert caretakers when you go out of town, and relax knowing your animal is safe and sound with us. They are carefully cared for by veterinarians and veterinary technologists.
Our exotic boarding provides:
- Veterinarian on premises everyday!
- Our experienced staff takes extra care to make note of any problems or changes in your pet’s physical and emotional well-being. They pick up on “Iggy” feeling lonely, etc. and act on it right away.
- Temperature-controlled rooms
- Caging cleaned daily
- Isolation from sick animals
- Boarders are kept in a ward completely separate from our wildlife patients.
- Medication administered (if required) by a veterinary technologist
- Unlimited TLC is free of charge!
Low, competitive rates
We request that you supply your pet’s caging and food while boarding with us. A cage may be provided, if required. Exotic animals stress easily and if they can continue to be in their familiar cages and receive the same foods, it will limit their anxiety while in new surroundings. Also, bringing their own food helps to alleviate stomach upset usually associated with abrupt changes in diet.
Owners of pets with special needs should speak with us before leaving their pet. We will happily administer any medications, supplements or vitamins while your pet is boarding with us for a small additional daily fee.
Reservations are required. Our boarding area is very popular. If you must cancel your reservation, please do so at least 48 hours prior to the drop-off date.
$10 per day – Standard
$15 per day – Special circumstances (medications, supplements, vitamins, cage required)
Drop-off and pick-up times for boarding (except for major holidays)
Monday thru Friday from 10 a.m. –2 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. –2 p.m.
Monday from Sunday 10 a.m. –12 p.m. (after 12
p.m. you are charged for the day). Latest pick-up time is 2 p.m.