New England Wildlife Center
Preserving New England's Wild Legacy
Halloween Event Oct. 25 and 26
By: Katrina Bergman
Categories: Education, event, Raccoons

Halloween 148

The Night of a Thousand Faces is back!

When:  Friday, October 25th and Saturday, October 26 from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm.  The cost is $7 per person.

Where:  New England Wildlife Center, 500 Columbian Street, South Weymouth, MA 02190     Phone:  781-682-4878

What:  Walk the Nature Trails with Hundreds of Lit Pumpkins.   Animal  Presentations.   Candy Apples.  Cotton Candy.                                      Celebrate  Raccoons.       Music.

Want to help Carve Pumpkins?  Please give us a call – we need you – or just show up!  Oct 21, 22, 23 and 24  from 10:00 am to 7:30 pm.  You can also drop off carved pumpkins on those dates.  There will be pumpkins here but you can also BYOP to carve – the more the better!

spiderhalloween500pix

bobmarley

DSC_0554 (1024x680)                   piratetrailpic500pixraccooncuddle

13 Comments to “Halloween Event Oct. 25 and 26”

1. Sue says:

Just wanted to thank the New England Wild-Life center for the great time we had this Friday! Myself my husband and two children were able to see the hundreds of lit pumpkins along the trail, all tastefully designed! We even got to go down the “spooky” trail that my children really enjoyed. I hope this event will continue in the future, we really look forward to dressing up in our costumes and having an affordable fun evening.

Ps. Delicious Carmel apples
    Thank you again!! Happy Halloween

2. Liz says:

Hello! I am a long time Weymouth resident and a first time visitor this evening with my son and 8 of our friends. We had 5 children (all between the ages of 5-10) and 5 adults. We paid $7 a person to walk trails and view hundreds of lit/carved pumpkins. This is not at all what we experienced. Who can I speak with about our disappointment? Is there an email address where I can submit something in writing? Thank you.

• Katrina Bergman says:

Hello – I will reach out to you by email. I can be reached at 781 682 4878 x122. I am so sorry that you didn’t have a good time and would be happy to talk with you about your dissatisfaction. New England Wildlife Center is a 30 old nonprofit organization that depends soley on private donations to care for wildlife. The event, as all events, are run by volunteers that aim to please. I look forward to talking with you. Katrina Bergman, Executive Director

• Gerard says:

Did you go to the right place? We were there Friday and there were at least 600 jack-o-lanterns including ones that our family members had carved and donated. Also we really enjoyed the animal encounters! The staff was really knowledgeable and friendly, although the building was packed!! Thank you!

3. Erin says:

Hi-
    The flyer we got home says the jack-o-lantern walk starts at 6 but the website says 6:30. Can you clarify? Thanks!

4. Kellie says:

I was wondering if you could tell me a little about the animal presentations, and raccoon celebration. For some reason my daughter is afraid of raccoons ;) We are looking forward to coming for the first time. Thank you :)

• Katrina Bergman says:

Hi Kellie, All of our raccoons have been released back to the wild, so no raccoons are here. We celebrate raccoons at this event through pictures. The Center works to let the public know what wonderful and curious creatures raccoons are. I hope some of the information and pictures here can teach your daughter about their specialness to us all. Our Red-tail hawk will be out to visit with a trained animal handler and animal control officer. A few reptiles will also be with animal handlers for people to see. Nothing intimidating or scary! :) Hope to see you tonight.

5. Abi+Jessi+kate says:

Ok thanks!

6. Abi+Jessi+kate says:

What will volunteers be able to do? We already signed up to do it for Saturday and we are going to help, but we are wondering what we can do there

• Katrina Bergman says:

Hi again, If you volunteered for the halloween event this weekend there is LOTS to do. Just show up at 5 and we will find an appropriate job for your age group. If you want more info, call Nina at 781 682 4878 x119 or Steve at x126. See you soon!

7. […] Night of a Thousand Faces New England Wildlife Center, 6:30-8pm […]